Fall is coming quickly in Petoskey, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the perfect time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some fun fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a large impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are some things to consider when choosing your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are several ways to create levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other fun fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a tremendous pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great selection for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your entryway look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a fun fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, fill a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Petoskey a call at 231-622-4417 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always the perfect time for a new front door and a new look!