The cold season is fast approaching in Petoskey and when the temperature gets colder, the energy costs can often get higher. There are many things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can improve your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous in every season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Petoskey winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an additional layer between the outdoors and your indoor comfort. Their glass covering option lowers energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also gives another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are a few other ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can trickle in and impact your home comfort. If you have issues when reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella West Michigan experts a call and receive the help you need.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and brush out these areas to produce a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could let cold air to come into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before the winter hits Petoskey.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Petoskey a call at 231-622-4417 or visit our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the change in seasons.