Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a central role in the first impression that guests have when coming into your Petoskey home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are willing to improve your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big investment and require a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to think over before you decide on the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finalize the style of your doorway with ornamental hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that complement your current paint scheme are great and consistent, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often underestimate the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re highlighting specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring an entire look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The function of greenery about a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can shift attention to certain door details and divert attention away from other unpleasant parts of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the correct accents, your door and home can be given a major facelift.
Welcome guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Petoskey, give them a call at 231-622-4417 or arrange an appointment online to discuss all the options for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.