At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Petoskey. Whether that’s through our individual business practices or making energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits all year long.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on your climate. The three below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses insulating double-pane glass with two coats of Low-E thermal protection. This selection also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to increase energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also uses insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made using three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass option blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Consult your Petoskey Pella Showroom to learn about more of our insulating glass styles or our best product for the Petoskey region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can determine energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella inserts it between the glass panes to offer extra insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home when it’s hot and inside the room during the winter months; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Petoskey Area Home
We’ve added features to help our products strengthen your energy efficiency, including:
- Multiple combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Learn more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.